All inmate mail is to be addressed as follows:
Inmate’s full name
Stephenson County Jail
1680 E. Singer Drive
Freeport, IL 61032
Sender’s complete return address must be on the envelope including:
Sender’s Complete Address
Envelopes not properly addressed will be returned to sender. Mail with no return address will be destroyed.
Puzzle books, books containing violent or sexual content, stamped envelopes and writing paper will not be accepted and will be placed into the inmate’s property to be returned upon release.
Religious books, novels and other books will be accepted through the mail only from the publisher. The inmate who they are intended for will get to read them first. Once read they become property of the jail and are placed into the jail library. Soft cover only. Hard cover books will not be accepted.
Pictures may be enclosed but may not contain nudity, partial nudity or gang signs.
All mail (except privileged mail) is opened and inspected by jail staff.
Letters from inmates in the Stephenson County Jail or any other penal institution may not be enclosed in your letters.
MONEY ORDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Inmate Telephone Calls
- Inmates cannot received inbound phone calls. Messages will not be delivered to inmates.
- Our service provider for inmate phones is Securus Technologies.
- To arrange for prepaid calls from inmates on a cell phone or landline, go to www.securustech.net or call 1-800-844-6591.
- Do not call the jail with phone problems or questions. Call the number above for Securus customer service.
- The Stephenson County Jail does not participate in video visitation, or inmate email.
Inmate Funds / Commissary
- Jail inmates are not allowed to have cash. Each jail inmate has a trust fund set up in his/her behalf. This fund can be used for bail, hygiene items and food items.
- MONEY ORDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Money can be placed on an inmate’s books in three ways:
- In person using the lobby cashier at the jail. Cash, debit and credit cards may be used. Convenience fees apply.
- Questions or problems with the lobby cashier, call the Jail at 1-815-235-8254.
- Any funds placed on an inmate’s account may be used to pay unpaid fines, costs and restitution.
Inmate Bail / Release - Click here for Inmate housing and bail information.
- Inmate release dates and times are not given out.
- Court information will not be given out.
Information you will need to provide:
Inmate - Name
TOTAL AMOUNT being paid, which is:
$65.00 (Bond Fee)
www. jailatm.com accepts: MasterCard / VISA only.
A bond fee of $65.00 must accompany any bails posted for the inmate.
Once an inmate is bailed out, it may take several hours for the release to be completed.